Interior Designer I
NewGround is the industry leader in planning, designing, and building branded spaces for financial institutions, organizations, and retailers. With over 100 years of experience, we align brand, place, and culture in branded spaces across North America. Headquartered in Chicago, IL, NewGround maintains offices in St. Louis, MO, Honolulu, Hawaii, and Waterloo, Ontario, with a regional presence throughout the U.S.
This position is a design team member for the Chicago Architecture and Interior Design Studio. While this position is for a person at the beginning of their career, they are expected to be a collaborative and vital member of the design team. They should be inquisitive, eager to learn and grow their design skills. They will be responsible for their own projects from start to finish so persistence for solving problems, listening to feedback from all team members, and having an ability to pivot quickly from task to task are essential for success. The studio is founded on the idea that we design space for people, not ourselves, and we aim to enhance their lives and well-being.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, and experience with rendering programs such as TwinMotion, Enscape, Lumion, etc.
- Ability to present to clients with assistance from your supervisor
- Ability to manage several projects at once at different stages of development
- Ability to solve problems quickly, take and act on feedback, and collaborate effectively with team members, consultants, and clients
- Ability to empathize and see design problems from other people’s point of view
- Able to solve problems while balancing details with the bigger picture
- Generate and manage development of construction documents and specifications
- Take part in project conceptualization and design presentations
- Assist Project Architect in construction management with RFIs, ASIs and Addendums
- Attend and take part in client meetings and presentations
- Coordinate consultants
- Act as day to day client and consultant contact
- Take part in site surveys, code research and due diligence reports
- Perform all other related work, as assigned or as apparent
Education and Experience Prerequisites
- Minimal travel may be required
- Some client presentations
NewGround requires employees to be vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation. Candidates must be fully vaccinated by date of hire. Proof of vaccination will be required.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Interior Design required
- Revit experience is required
- 2+ years of professional experience in commercial (retail/mixed-use)
- LEED AP preferred
- AutoCAD skills preferred
About NewGround video: https://www.newground.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/NG_2019IdentityVideo_V3_4.mp4
Why Our People Love Working at NewGround:
- NewGround values having fun while doing what you love. That is evidenced by the fact that almost 30 of our 155 employees have been with NewGround for 10 - 38 years.
- We understand the importance of an employee’s first week, first month, and first year. Because of this, we’ve created multiple new-hire experiences, including a special learning program, to help our new hires feel equipped to succeed. Our new team members get the chance to hear the NewGround story from members of the leadership team both, virtually and in person.
- We celebrate many employee milestones, including a ceremony celebrating the day you started with the company and an annual service awards banquet where we provide the opportunity to learn about our fellow team members.
- We recognize how important career development is to our employees and offer opportunities for growth and advancement.
- NewGround recognizes that it’s key to strike a balance between work life and home life and places an emphasis on supporting our employees’ balanced lifestyle.
- We pride ourselves in our commitment to community. Our offices in Chesterfield, Chicago, and Toronto continuously find new ways to get involved whether it be through hosting blood drives, building homes with Habitat for Humanity, building in the Dominican Republic, friendly fundraising competitions across all offices, or through our annual United Way campaign.
- NewGround Glassdoor Reviews
NewGround’s reputation for integrity, creativity, quality, and results is the basis of our renowned status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team.
Qualified candidates should apply here: https://careers.newground.com/careers/3575-NewGround/jobs/14588443-Interior-Designer-I/?host=careers.newground.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE DO NOT UTILIZE STAFFING SERVICES.
NewGround is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit us at www.newground.com
Chicago | Saint Louis | Honolulu | Toronto