NewGround is the industry thought leader in strategy, innovative design, and project management, and has been for over 100 years. We help financial institutions and retailers master the power of their space to create the next generation workplace and retail solutions. Our core values are at the heart of everything we do. We are passionate about serving others. We strive for excellence. We are innovators. We connect and collaborate. We value communication. NewGround's operational headquarters is in Saint Louis and we maintain offices in Chicago, Honolulu, and Waterloo, Ontario, with a regional presence throughout the U.S. and Canada.
The BIM Manager will be responsible for the development and support of company Revit/BIM standards and workflows, as well as support and training of staff.
- Master level proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD is required.
- Working knowledge of Navisworks, Enscape, and/or similar 3rd party software is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs is required.
- Understanding of the practice of architecture, project delivery and construction methods.
- New position within NewGround to create company standards for BIM and related add-on software, create content library files and templates, enforcing the company standards and evaluating project models.
- Manage, coordinate, and support the implementation of all BIM and related add-on software, parametric content, library files and templates throughout the preconstruction and construction phases of projects.
- Work closely with architecture, interior design, engineering, construction management team and with external design partners to execute a project strategy and improve workflow.
- Provide a BIM Execution Plan for all stakeholders involved in the project, including the architects, engineers, consultants, contractors, and direct hired team members.
- Guide and train in-house personnel to become proficient with all new add-on software along with technical orientation to new hires for all departments.
- Introduce and lead the engineering team to use BIM including set-up, creating standards, and training.
- Manage and evaluate new tools and software updates for Revit and other related BIM software and interface with the IT department on hardware/software interactions and implementation of new or updated BIM products including, but not limited to, incorporating new version releases, maintaining legacy software and customizing software for specific firm needs.
- Note opportunities for improvement in team members’ skills and department workflows. Organize and lead efforts for improvements leading to improved efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
- Support company efforts to automate design, estimating, scheduling, and construction efforts.
- Collaborate with the department Managers to set design standards and workflows which drive efficient and successful design efforts.
Education And Experience Prerequisites:
- Minimal travel required for continuing education, conventions, assist other offices.
- Self-starter, team player/coach
- Available as the firm’s central authority on all BIM-related inquiries.
- Bachelor's degree in a related Architectural or Engineering or related field required.
- 5+ years of professional experience in commercial design required.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a BIM Manager with a background in implementing training programs and developing BIM standards for a multi-disciplinary practice.
- Certified Professional in Autodesk Revit Architecture and MEP or other recognized authority desired.
Saint Louis (Chesterfield)
About NewGround Video
Why Our People Love Working at NewGround:
- NewGround values having fun while doing what you love. That is evidenced by the fact that more than 30 of our 140 employees have been with NewGround for 10 - 38 years.
- We understand the importance of an employee’s first week, first month, and first year. Because of this, we’ve created multiple new-hire experiences, including a special learning program, to help our new hires feel equipped to succeed. Our new team members get the chance to hear the NewGround story from members of the leadership team both, virtually and in person.
- We celebrate many employee milestones, including a ceremony celebrating the day you started with the company and an annual service awards banquet where we provide the opportunity to learn about our fellow team members.
- We recognize how important career development is to our employees and offer opportunities for growth and advancement.
- NewGround recognizes that it’s key to strike a balance between work life and home life and places an emphasis on supporting our employees’ balanced lifestyle.
- We pride ourselves in our commitment to the community. Our offices in Chesterfield, Chicago, and Toronto continuously find new ways to get involved whether it be through hosting blood drives, building homes with Habitat for Humanity, building in the Dominican Republic, friendly fundraising competitions across all offices, or through our annual United Way campaign.
NewGround’s reputation for integrity, creativity, quality, and results is the basis of our renowned status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team.
Qualified candidates should apply online at https://careers.newground.com/careers/3575-NewGround/jobs/14379293-BIM-Manager/?host=careers.newground.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE DO NOT UTILIZE STAFFING SERVICES.
NewGround is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit us at www.newground.com
Chicago | Saint Louis | Honolulu | Toronto