NewGround is the industry thought leader in strategy, innovative design, and project management, and has been for over 100 years. We help financial institutions and retailers master the power of their space to create the next generation workplace and retail solutions. Our core values are at the heart of everything we do. We are passionate about serving others. We strive for excellence. We are innovators. We connect and collaborate. We value communication. NewGround's operational headquarters is in Saint Louis and we maintain offices in Chicago, Honolulu, and Waterloo, Ontario, with a regional presence throughout the U.S. and Canada.
The Senior Project Designer will maintain the highest level of design principles and documents for all projects to ensure health, safety, and welfare of the public within a space.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of interior finishes, furniture, building codes and construction processes
- Coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Conduct programming interviews with the client
- Provide documentation to estimating to establish project budget
- Interface with sales, architecture, engineering, digital and construction on projects
- Generate interior design concepts and design finalization
- Lead team members and help guide all disciplines on projects
- Conduct site surveys for existing locations
- Respond to Clients and Project Executives in a timely manner
- Generate and present concepts, interior finish drawings, furniture drawings and presentation to clients
- Manage development of construction documents
- Review construction documents, project manual, and provide redlines for the project
- Review furniture specifications, installation drawings, and provide redlines for the project
- Review submittals, shop drawings along with answering RFIs and prepare / issue Addendums and/or ASIs as necessary
- Attend project 40% walk through, final punch and prepare appropriate documentation
- Complete projects on schedule and within established budget
- Perform all other related work, as assigned or as apparent
Education and Experience Prerequisites:
- Strive to raise level of creativity
- Travel on a regular basis – approximately 25-35%
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture or related field required
- 10+ years of professional experience in commercial Interior Design required
- NCIDQ Certification required
- LEED or WELL accreditation is preferred
- Knowledge with Revit, AutoCAD, InDesign is preferred
- Knowledge with CAP Software and/or CET Designer is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications is required
Saint Louis (Chesterfield)
About NewGround Video
Why Our People Love Working at NewGround:
- NewGround values having fun while doing what you love. That is evidenced by the fact that more than 30 of our 140 employees have been with NewGround for 10 - 38 years.
- We understand the importance of an employee’s first week, first month, and first year. Because of this, we’ve created multiple new-hire experiences, including a special learning program, to help our new hires feel equipped to succeed. Our new team members get the chance to hear the NewGround story from members of the leadership team both, virtually and in person.
- We celebrate many employee milestones, including a ceremony celebrating the day you started with the company and an annual service awards banquet where we provide the opportunity to learn about our fellow team members.
- We recognize how important career development is to our employees and offer opportunities for growth and advancement.
- NewGround recognizes that it’s key to strike a balance between work life and home life and places an emphasis on supporting our employees’ balanced lifestyle.
- We pride ourselves in our commitment to the community. Our offices in Chesterfield, Chicago, and Toronto continuously find new ways to get involved whether it be through hosting blood drives, building homes with Habitat for Humanity, building in the Dominican Republic, friendly fundraising competitions across all offices, or through our annual United Way campaign.
NewGround’s reputation for integrity, creativity, quality, and results is the basis of our renowned status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team.
Qualified candidates should apply online at https://careers.newground.com/careers/3575-NewGround/jobs/14280014-Senior-Project-Designer/?host=careers.newground.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE DO NOT UTILIZE STAFFING SERVICES.
NewGround is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit us at www.newground.com
Chicago | Saint Louis | Honolulu | Toronto