Construction Project Superintendent
(we are receptive to candidates living on other islands in Hawaii)
NewGround is the industry thought leader in strategy, innovative design, and project management, and has been for over 100 years. We help financial institutions and retailers master the power of their space to create the next generation workplace and retail solutions. Our core values are at the heart of everything we do. We are passionate about serving others. We strive for excellence. We are innovators. We connect and collaborate. We value communication. NewGround's operational headquarters is in Saint Louis and we maintain offices in Chicago, Honolulu, and Waterloo, Ontario, with a regional presence throughout the U.S. and Canada.
We seek Construction Project Managers who reside in the Hawaiian Islands and have experience in ground-up, tenant improvement, high-end interior/exterior, and multi-story commercial construction. Candidates must be tech-savvy and very capable with MS Project scheduling, and who have previously been the lead Superintendent on their projects. If you do not possess this experience, please do not apply.
The NewGround title for this position is Construction Project Manager.
We designed and will build several headquarters for financial institutions on Maui, Oahu and the island of Hawaii. The Construction Project Manager (CPM) provides on-site direction for all aspects of construction for their assigned project(s). Required skills include knowledge of materials, methods, processes, procedures, and equipment involved in the construction of buildings and related site work. Manage project costs to insure completion within budget expectations. Work with Director of Construction (DOC) to develop the project schedule in critical path steps and budget time required to meet deadlines. Inspect and review projects construction in progress to enforce compliance with plans, specifications, building and safety codes. Schedule and direct all subcontractors and vendors through all activities to full completion of the project. Hold extensive knowledge of principles and processes for providing client satisfaction in meeting quality, cost, and schedule expectations. Work directly with DOC and the Construction Project Management Team through the entire project construction process.
- Strong ability to read and understand plans and specifications, comprehensive knowledge of commercial construction means, methods and best practices and related systems
- Ability to schedule projects using corporate MS Project templates in “Critical Path” progression and budget time required to meet milestones and deadlines
- Interpret and clarify plans and contract terms to subcontractors professionally
- Draft and submit subcontracts, purchase orders, subcontractor change orders to DOC for release
- Generate client change orders for DOC review, approval, and release
- Assist DOC in developing project budgets, estimates and progress reports including cost tracking reports
- Evaluate plans, specifications, and related construction documents for “Constructability” and “Value Engineering”
- Work with DOC to develop responses to mitigate weather or environmental delays
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to include effective conflict resolution
- Good leadership skills
- Proficient computer skills including Excel, Word, Procore, and Micro-Soft Project
- Project lead onsite daily from start of work in the morning until the end of the workday
- Manage all on site construction related activities, subcontractors and vendors
- Prepare purchase order and subcontract drafts for DOC approval
- Purchase and schedule all long lead items early in the buyout phase
- Obtain all project related permits and licenses from Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ’s)
- Ensure SWPP and environmental requirements are met and maintained
- Review and approve subcontractor and vendor pay requisitions and submit to DOC for final approval
- Schedule delivery and sequence of project materials and work
- Conduct site safety orientation for all workers prior to their starting work onsite and hold weekly site safety meetings with subcontractor foremen
- Hold weekly subcontractor site meetings to include agendas and meeting minutes
- Hold weekly Client update OAC meetings to include agendas and meeting minutes
- Enforce subcontractor compliance with building and safety codes from all AHJ’s
- Implement on site quality control and adherence to plans and specifications
- Proficient in developing project budget and MS Project schedule
- Document project progress and update schedule for review
- Complete and submit all field required reports and logs as required
- Take all required project progress photos and post within Procore
- Must be able to successfully manage budgets and schedules of project
- Perform all other related work, as assigned or as apparent.
- PROJECT LEAD
- Must be able to lead on site construction project team
- Ensure regular communications with DOC and Project team
- Inform project team of design, cost or schedule related items
- Maintain strong client relationship and communicate project status effectively
- Coordinate with our A/E team
- Construction quality control expert
- Prepare reports for internal and external communications
- Report project status to DOC as required
- Complete Project punch list and close out procedures timely
- PROJECT TEAM
- Participate in internal kick-offs/brainstorming and project debriefs
- Communicate with internal and external project team effectively
- Support construction team as needed to ensure project success
- Communicate design or material delivery issues to insure no impact to schedule or cost
- Report significant project related issues to
RVPC DOC in a timely manner
Education And Experience Prerequisites:
- Travel and relocation to project locations during construction is required
- Communicate on a professional level
- Must be willing to work long hours if needed
- Maintain positive can-do attitude, self-motivated
- Willing to accept all assigned work
- Must multi-task as required
- Exceed Client expectations
- Report project status to Client and DOC
- Ensure project completion on-time, on-budget
- Self-motivated and works well independently
- In addition to other earlier career construction experience, an additional minimum of 5+ years of experience on-site in commercial ground-up construction as lead Superintendent, including high end interior/exterior finishes, and multi-story construction required.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction related field is a plus; commensurate construction related experience is given strong consideration
- Proficiency in ProCore is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Project Scheduling is a plus
- Additional consideration given to LEED AP and other construction industry certifications
Maui, HI ((we are receptive to candidates living on other islands in Hawaii))
About NewGround Video: https://www.newground.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/NG_2019IdentityVideo_V3_4.mp4
Why Our People Love Working at NewGround:
- NewGround values having fun while doing what you love. That is evidenced by the fact that more than 30 of our 125 employees have been with NewGround for 10 - 38 years.
- We understand the importance of an employee’s first week, first month, and first year. Because of this, we’ve created multiple new-hire experiences, including a special learning program, to help our new hires feel equipped to succeed. Our new team members get the chance to hear the NewGround story from members of the leadership team both, virtually and in person.
- We celebrate many employee milestones, including a ceremony celebrating the day you started with the company and an annual service awards banquet where we provide the opportunity to learn about our fellow team members.
- We recognize how important career development is to our employees and offer opportunities for growth and advancement.
- NewGround recognizes that it’s key to strike a balance between work life and home life and places an emphasis on supporting our employees’ balanced lifestyle.
- We pride ourselves in our commitment to the community. Our offices in Chesterfield, Chicago, and Toronto continuously find new ways to get involved whether it be through hosting blood drives, building homes with Habitat for Humanity, building in the Dominican Republic, friendly fundraising competitions across all offices, or through our annual United Way campaign.
NewGround’s reputation for integrity, creativity, quality, and results is the basis of our renowned status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team.
Qualified candidates should email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or simply apply online at http://careers.newground.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE DO NOT UTILIZE STAFFING SERVICES.
NewGround is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit us at www.newground.com
Chicago | Saint Louis | Honolulu | Toronto