Environmental Graphic Designer
Located in our design studio in downtown Chicago, the Environmental Graphic Designer will be instrumental in NewGround’s environmental design and implementation team. Studio One25 are environmental experts within the financial services industry.
The Environmental Graphic Designer is a creative with 3-5 years of experience that contributes on all types of retail and architectural projects as part of the design team. Project work may include exterior/Interior signage, retail communications, way finding, displays, exhibits, dimensional graphics, kiosks, and point of sale.
- Creative thinking and design execution
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities
- Knowledge of graphic design principles, media, and production
- Experience in working with a diverse project team including Brand Strategists, Architects, Interior Designers, Retail Designers, and external agencies
- Experience in Brand Strategy, Retail Communications, Environmental Design, Exhibit Design
- Basic knowledge of production processes and experience in dealing with third party printers and installers
- Experience in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Manage graphic programs from concept through production
- Participate in internal kickoffs/brainstorming/reviews
- Obtain assets from client or resources as needed
- Pitch concepts/designs to internal team and/or client
- Accountable for client presentation document creation
- Production art creation or coordination with third party vendor
- Interface with field staff when required
- Coordinate with/be accountable to the Director of Design Strategy, Program Management, Project Architects and Interior Designers for:
- Assisting in scoping and budgeting
- Meeting deadlines and reporting status
- Resource allocation & shifting
- Assisting in selection of designs to be presented
- Review/approval of all creative
- Perform all other related work, as assigned or as apparent
- Collaborate with design team on concepts and strategy
- Develop original content and presentation documents
- Select visual elements of the design including color, photography, illustration, and font style
- Collaborate with design team in presenting design concepts
- Create production art and print proofing as needed
- Directly report to Director of Design Strategy and be accountable to Project Leads
Education And/Or Experience Prerequisites:
- Attend meetings with clients, consultants, contractors and vendors as delegated.
- Travel may be required
- 3-5 years of experience in Environmental Graphic Design is required. Please do not apply if you do not possess EGD experience and have examples in your portfolio.
- Bachelor of Arts or Fine Arts, Design Major preferred
- A portfolio is required
About NewGround Video www.newground.com/about
Chicago | Saint Louis | Honolulu |Toronto
Why Our People Love Working at NewGround:
- We provide a comprehensive total compensation package with benefits.
- NewGround values having fun while doing what you love. That is evidenced by the fact that over 20 of our 135 employees have been with the company for 10 - 25 years.
- We understand the importance of an employee’s first week, first month, and first year. Because of this, we’ve created multiple new-hire experiences, including a special learning program, to help our new hires feel equipped to succeed. Our new team members get the chance to hear the NewGround story from members of the leadership team both, virtually and in person.
- We celebrate many employee milestones, including a ceremony celebrating the day you started with the company and an annual service awards banquet where we provide the opportunity to learn about our fellow team members.
- We recognize how important career development is to our employees and offer opportunities for growth and advancement.
- NewGround recognizes that it’s key to strike a balance between work life and home life and places an emphasis on supporting our employees’ balanced lifestyle.
- We pride ourselves in our commitment to community. Our offices in St. Louis, Chicago, and Toronto continuously find new ways to get involved whether it be through hosting blood drives, building homes with Habitat for Humanity, friendly fundraising competitions across all offices, or through our annual United Way campaign.
NewGround’s reputation for integrity, creativity, quality, and results is the basis of our renowned status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team.
Qualified candidates should email resume to email@example.com or simply apply online at http://careers.newground.com.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE DO NOT UTILIZE STAFFING SERVICES.
NewGround is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit us at www.newground.com