(This position is NOT an Art Director, Creative Director, or Senior Graphic Design role. This is an Architectural Design Director. Please do not apply if you are not a licensed Architect.)
NewGround is the industry thought-leader in strategy, innovative design, and project management, and has been for over 100 years. We help financial institutions and retailers master the power of their space to create the next generation workplace and retail solutions. Our core values are at the heart of everything we do. We are passionate about serving others. We strive for excellence. We are innovators. We connect and collaborate. We value communication. Our operational headquarters is in Saint Louis and we maintain offices in Chicago, Honolulu, and Waterloo, Ontario, with a regional presence throughout the U.S. Canada.
Located in our newly renovated St. Louis office, the Director of Design will lead our Project Architects, Designer/Planners and support our Environmental Design Team. The Director of Design is fundamental in establishing design excellence principles in an environment which inspires design talent to excel. Our mission is to build a world class design team focused on retail and corporate workplace strategies. The Director of Design will be a strategic thinker and thought leader and have the passion and energy to advance our highly successful Design/Delivery practice into an innovative Design firm. The Director of Design will also lead NewGround’s international focus in the financial services sector. The Director of Design should be an experienced, registered design professional with a strong background in generating and translating concepts into final solutions, in directing a project design team and in presenting solutions to clients.
- Retail and Corporate workplace strategist
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Photoshop, and Illustrator is required
- Working knowledge of Revit and 3D Modeling software desired
- Experience integrating and coordinating all disciplines into the building project
- Good design skills in all phases of design
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Knowledge of building materials, specification and construction techniques
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects
- Desire to participate in securing new clients by supporting our Business Development team
- Assumes the primary responsibility for the development of the design strategy and concepts during the programming through phases of the project; participates in key meetings with clients on high-profile projects
- Assist in the development of the company’s desire to grow our Design practice through working with the marketing and branding teams to reposition of the company as an innovative design firm.
- Become the company’s primary voice for design related thought of speaking at national and international conferences, related articles and being a design industry resource subject matter expert.
- Support business development and marketing in the development of proposals, capabilities and design presentations.
- Work with other NewGround team members to produce quality design within the parameters set forth by the client’s goals and budget.
- Provide direction and leadership to all direct reporting staff members.
NewGround requires employees to be vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation. Candidates must be fully vaccinated by date of hire. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Education and Experience Prerequisites:
- Travel up to 50%
- Strong team player
- High level of conceptual design talent
- Energy - passion
- Architectural registration required
- Bachelor of Architecture degree or higher required
- Master’s degree in Architecture or related field preferred
- 10-15 years of professional experience leading Design teams for commercial Architecture & Development Revit experience is required
- LEED accreditation is preferred
- NCARB Registration preferred
St. Louis, MO (Chesterfield)
About NewGround Video: https://www.newground.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/NG_2019IdentityVideo_V3_4.mp4
Why Our People Love Working at NewGround:
- values having fun while doing what you love. That is evidenced by the fact that more than 30 of our 125 employees have been with NewGround for 10 - 38 years.
- We understand the importance of an employee’s first week, first month, and first year. Because of this, we’ve created multiple new-hire experiences, including a special learning program, to help our new hires feel equipped to succeed. Our new team members get the chance to hear the NewGround story from members of the leadership virtually and in person.
- We celebrate many employee milestones, including a ceremony celebrating the day you started with the company and an annual service awards banquet where we provide the opportunity to learn about our fellow team members.
- We recognize how important career development is our employees and offer opportunities for growth and advancement.
- recognizes that it’s key to strike a balance between work life and home life and places an emphasis on supporting our employees’ balanced lifestyle.
- We pride ourselves in our commitment to community. Our offices in Chesterfield, Chicago, and Toronto continuously find new ways to get it be through hosting blood drives, building homes with Habitat for Humanity, building in the Dominican Republic, friendly fundraising competitions across all offices, or through our annual United Way campaign.
reputation for integrity, creativity, quality, and results is the basis of our renowned status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team.
Qualified candidates should apply online at https://careers.newground.com/careers/3575-NewGround/jobs/12368988-Director-of-Design/?host=careers.newground.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE DO NOT UTILIZE STAFFING SERVICES.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit us at www.newground.com
Chicago | Saint Louis | Honolulu | Toronto