NewGround is a leading global company that imagines, designs, and implements retail and corporate environments that drive competitive advantage. For 106 years, NewGround has excelled in Design/Build. We are a cutting edge, international award-winning design firm.
The Project Architect serves as the leader of the project team and is responsible for all administration, production and coordination associated with the project as well as representing the company to the client. The Project Architect is an experienced, registered design professional having a strong background in generating and translating concepts into final solutions, in directing a project design team and in materials and methods of construction.
- Sufficient knowledge of engineering disciplines to evaluate and coordinate consultant work
- Experience integrating and coordinating all disciplines into the building project
- Good design skills in all phases of design
- Knowledge of building materials, specification and construction techniques
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects
- Work independently and provide guidance and supervision of team members
- Ability to organize and prioritize personal workload and make necessary adjustments in meeting strict deadlines
- Able to interpret client programmatic needs and design solutions accordingly
- Strong communication skills to work with clients, field personnel and internal departments in achieving deadlines and quality work
- Maintain continual client contact from CD’s through construction to ensure expectations deliverables are met.
- Perform all other related work, as assigned or as apparent
Education and Experience Prerequisites:
- Travel can be extensive at times
- Strong team player
- Architectural registration required
- Bachelor of Architecture degree or higher required
- Minimum of 10 yrs. of experience in project management including construction document preparation and field observation required
St. Louis, MO (Chesterfield)
Why Our People Love Working at NewGround:
- NewGround values having fun while doing what you love. That is evidenced by the fact that almost 30 of our 135 employees have been with NewGround for 10 - 38 years.
- We understand the importance of an employee’s first week, first month, and first year. Because of this, we’ve created multiple new-hire experiences, including a special learning program, to help our new hires feel equipped to succeed. Our new team members get the chance to hear the NewGround story from members of the leadership team both, virtually and in person.
- We celebrate many employee milestones, including a ceremony celebrating the day you started with the company and an annual service awards banquet where we provide the opportunity to learn about our fellow team members.
- We recognize how important career development is to our employees and offer opportunities for growth and advancement.
- NewGround recognizes that it’s key to strike a balance between work life and home life and places an emphasis on supporting our employees’ balanced lifestyle.
- We pride ourselves in our commitment to community. Our offices in Chesterfield, Chicago, and Toronto continuously find new ways to get involved whether it be through hosting blood drives, building homes with Habitat for Humanity, friendly fundraising competitions across all offices, or through our annual United Way campaign.
- Link to great reviews of NewGround on Glassdoor
NewGround’s reputation for integrity, creativity, quality, and results is the basis of our renowned status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team.
Qualified candidates should email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or simply apply online at http://careers.newground.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE DO NOT UTILIZE STAFFING SERVICES.
NewGround is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit us at www.newground.com
Chicago | Saint Louis | Honolulu | Toronto