Temporarily remote due to COVID-19
NewGround is the industry thought leader in strategy, innovative design, and project management, and has been for over 100 years. We help financial institutions master the power of their space to create the next generation workplace and retail solutions. NewGround's operational headquarters is in Saint Louis and we maintain offices in Chicago, Honolulu, and Waterloo, Ontario, with a regional presence throughout the U.S. and Canada.
The Construction Manager provides leadership and direction for all aspects of construction for multiple assigned projects, including land development, vertical and renovation construction. Required skills include knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in the construction of buildings and sites. Manage project costs to insure completion within budget expectations. Schedule projects in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines. Develop and maintain strong client relationships. Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with plans, specifications, building and safety codes. Direct Project Managers in the completion of respective projects. Possess knowledge of principles and processes for providing client satisfaction in meeting quality, cost and schedule expectations. Work directly with Senior Vice President, Build Operations in communicating all aspects of project success and shortcomings.
- Strong ability to read and understand plans and specifications
- Competent in budgeting, scheduling and quality control
- Ability to develop strong client relationships
- Extremely effective in written and verbal communications
- Excellent leadership skills to include mentoring subordinates
- Strong ability to read and understand plans and specifications, comprehensive knowledge of commercial construction means, methods and best practices and related systems
- Ability to schedule projects in “Critical Path” progression and budget time required to meet milestones and deadlines
- Proficient computer skills including Excel, Word and Microsoft Project
- Schedule projects in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes
- Interpret and explain plans and contract term to administrative staff, workers and clients
- Review and approve subcontracts, purchase orders, change orders with suppliers and subcontractors
- Prepare client change orders
- Direct, supervise and train Project Managers and other project personnel
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction means and methods
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress cost tracking reports
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems
- Investigate damage, accidents or delays at construction sites to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out
- Evaluate construction methods and determine the cost-effectiveness of plans
- Develop and implement quality control programs
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies and the construction site
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Direct all projects assigned to Construction Manager
- Report project status to Client and Senior Vice President, Build Operations
- Visit all projects monthly
- Must be able to lead the construction project team
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously through to successful completion and closeout
- Ensure regular communications to balance of project team
- Inform project team of design, cost or schedule-related issues
- Communication with the construction team effectively
- Develop and maintain a strong client relationship and communicate project status effectively
- Compile client presentation documents
- Send meeting invites for internal and external meetings
- Coordinate with A/E team
- Construction quality control expert
- Meet with clients and strategize a Team plan to exceed their expectations
- Travel as needed in support of the project
- Prepare reports for internal and external communications
- Report project status to Senior Vice President, Build Operations
- Participate in internal kick-offs/brainstorming and project debriefs
- Communicate with internal and external project team effectively
- Support construction team as needed to ensure project success
- Communicate design or material delivery issues to insure no impact to schedule or cost
- Report significant project related issues to Senior Vice President, Build Operations in a timely manner
EDUCATION And EXPERIENCE PREREQUISITES:
- Thorough knowledge of construction methods and design/build process
- Able to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Willing to work long hours
- Willing to travel 30%
- Maintain a positive can-do attitude
- Willing to accept all assigned work
- Ensure project completion on-time, on-budget, on-scope
- Communicate effectively with the project team
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Architecture preferred
- 10-15 years of professional experience in construction management required
- Additional consideration is given for LEED AP
- Proficiency in MS Project required
- Experience with Procore preferred
St. Louis, MO (Chesterfield)
Why Our People Love Working at NewGround:
- NewGround values having fun while doing what you love. That is evidenced by the fact that almost 30 of our 155 employees have been with NewGround for 10 - 38 years.
- We understand the importance of an employee’s first week, first month, and first year. Because of this, we’ve created multiple new-hire experiences, including a special learning program, to help our new hires feel equipped to succeed. Our new team members get the chance to hear the NewGround story from members of the leadership team both, virtually and in person.
- We celebrate many employee milestones, including a ceremony celebrating the day you started with the company and an annual service awards banquet where we provide the opportunity to learn about our fellow team members.
- We recognize how important career development is to our employees and offer opportunities for growth and advancement.
- NewGround recognizes that it’s key to strike a balance between work life and home life and places an emphasis on supporting our employees’ balanced lifestyle.
- We pride ourselves in our commitment to community. Our offices in Chesterfield, Chicago, and Toronto continuously find new ways to get involved whether it be through hosting blood drives, building homes with Habitat for Humanity, building in the Dominican Republic, friendly fundraising competitions across all offices, or through our annual United Way campaign.
- NewGround Glassdoor Reviews
NewGround’s reputation for integrity, creativity, quality, and results is the basis of our renowned status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team.
Qualified candidates should email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or simply apply online at http://careers.newground.com.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE DO NOT UTILIZE STAFFING SERVICES.
NewGround is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit us at www.newground.com
Chicago | Saint Louis | Honolulu | Toronto