NewGround is an experiential design-build firm that specializes in creating custom financial, healthcare and corporate facilities. Using our in-depth strategic process, we work to align a client’s new building with their brand and their culture. We believe that structure without strategic purpose is just windows and walls, and that a beautiful building is measured by how beautifully it functions.
We look in, then build up.
SUPERVISOR TITLE: Construction Manager
The Superintendent provides full-time on-site direction for all aspects of construction for their assigned project. Required skills include knowledge of materials, methods, processes, procedures and equipment involved in the construction of buildings and related site work. Manage project costs to insure completion within budget expectations. Work with Construction Manager to develop the project schedule in critical path steps and budget time required to meet deadlines. Inspect and review construction in progress to enforce compliance with plans, specifications, building and safety codes. Schedule and direct all subcontractors and vendors through all activities to full completion of the project. Hold extensive knowledge of principles and processes for providing client and corporate satisfaction in the project meeting quality, cost and schedule expectations. Work directly with CM and the “Build” Team through the entire project construction process.
- Strong ability to read and understand plans and specifications, comprehensive knowledge of commercial construction means, methods and best practices and related systems
- Ability to schedule projects in “Critical Path” progression and budget time required to meet milestones and deadlines
- Interpret and clarify plans and contract terms to subcontractors professionally
- Draft and submit subcontracts, purchase orders, subcontractor change orders to RVPC for release
- Work with CM to prepare client change orders
- Evaluate plans, specifications and related construction documents for “Constructability”
- Work with CM to develop responses to mitigate weather or environmental delays
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good leadership skills and humble
- Proficient computer skills, MS Word, Outlook, and Project.
- Manage all on site construction related activities, subcontractors and vendors
- Assist CM with purchase order and subcontract drafts
- Purchase and schedule all long lead items
- Ensure SWPP and environmental requirements are met, if required by project
- Review and approve subcontractor and vendor pay requisitions and submit to RCM for final approval
- Schedule delivery and sequence of project materials and work
- Hold weekly site safety meetings and document on required forms
- Hold weekly subcontractor site meetings, create agenda for meetings and convert to Meeting Minutes within 24 hours after meeting.
- Attend weekly Client update meetings with CM
- Enforce subcontractor compliance with building and safety codes from all AHJ’s
- Implement on-site quality control and adherence to plans and specifications.
- Document project progress and update schedule for review
- Complete and submit all field required reports and logs as required
- Take all required project progress photos and post in Procore, our online project management system.
- Must be able to successfully manage budgets and schedules of project
- Perform all other related work, as assigned or as apparent[i]
- PROJECT LEAD
- Ensure regular communications with CM and Project team
- Inform project team of design, cost or schedule related items
- Maintain strong client relationship and communicate project status effectively
- Coordinate with A/E team
- Construction quality control expert
- Report project status to CM as required
- Complete Project punch list and close out procedures timely
- PROJECT TEAM
- Participate in internal kick-offs/brainstorming and project debriefs
- Communicate with internal and external project team effectively
- Support construction team as needed to ensure project success
- Communicate design or material delivery issues to insure no impact to schedule or cost
- Report significant project related issues to CM in a timely manner
- Must speak fluent English
- Must study all plan details, read all plan notes and all Project Manual Specifications
- Communicate on a professional level
- Must be willing to work long hours if/as needed
- Maintain positive can-do attitude, self-motivated
- Willing to accept all assigned work
- Must multi-task as required
- Exceed Corporate and Client expectations
- Report project status to Client and Construction Manager
- Ensure project completion on-time, on-budget
- Self-motivated and works well independently
- Must respond to all email and phone messages by the end of each day.
- Must be familiar with or quickly learn how to use PROCORE.
- Build and maintain great professional relationships with fellow team members, clients, subcontractors, architects, engineers and various building officials.
Education And/Or Experience Prerequisites:
- 5+ years of experience on-site in commercial construction as a Superintendent.
- Proficient computer skills including Typing, MS Word, Outlook and Project required.
San Jose, CA
NewGround’s operational headquarters are in Chesterfield, MO, with principal offices in Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA; Portsmouth, NH and Ontario, Canada.
About NewGround Video
Why Our People Love Working at NewGround:
- We provide a comprehensive total compensation package with benefits.
- NewGround values having fun while doing what you love—that’s evidenced by the fact that we have over 50 employees that have been with the company for over 10 years.
- We understand the importance of an employee’s first week, first month, and first year. Because of this, we’ve created multiple new-hire experiences, including a special learning program, to help our new hires feel equipped to succeed. Our new team members get the chance to hear the NewGround story from members of the leadership team both, virtually and in person.
- We celebrate many employee milestones, including a ceremony celebrating the day you started with the company and an annual service awards banquet where we provide the opportunity to learn about our fellow team members.
- We recognize how important career development is to our employees and offer opportunities for growth and advancement.
- NewGround recognizes that it’s key to strike a balance between work life and home life and places an emphasis on supporting our employees’ balanced lifestyle.
- We pride ourselves in our commitment to community. Our offices in St. Louis, Atlanta, and Portsmouth continuously find new ways to get involved whether it be through hosting blood drives, building homes with Habitat for Humanity, friendly fundraising competitions across all offices, or through our annual United Way campaign.
NewGround’s reputation for integrity, creativity, quality, and results is the basis of our renowned status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team.
Qualified candidates should email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or simply apply online at http://careers.newground.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE DO NOT UTILIZE STAFFING SERVICES.
NewGround is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit us at www.newground.com.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. This document does not create an employment contract. Employees are employed on an “at will” basis and may be terminated at any time for any reason or no reason at all.