EGD Experience Designer
Adrenaline is an experience design agency that creates and implements brands and retail environments. From idea through implementation, from physical to digital, from one channel to the next, we create it – then fuse it all together. Our reach is local, global and multidimensional. Our product is experiences that redefine the way companies and consumers interact, and connect everywhere the two come in contact. The result is disruptive experience design that creates brand everywhereness – converting brand affection into consumer action.
Adrenaline is seeking a dynamic and proficient EGD Experience Designer to help engage and lead our team, developing and advancing our creative and strategic thinking for projects, within a specialized area of design that requires an active, hands-on approach working with clients to develop user-oriented strategies and visual communications within the built environment; collaborating with other project design teams to develop, design, and implement environmental graphics and retail communications; helping chart the direction, style, and methodology of our studio, as well as setting a high standard within our office culture for innovation and quality of design. Candidates must demonstrate abilities in concept visualization, visual and verbal communication, and a strong understanding of design and scale within the built environment; possess strong design, organizational, leadership, project management, team-building, and communication skills.
The EGD Experience Designer should possess a passion for design - composition and materiality, typography and color theory as well as strong three-dimensional visioning skills that can be translated into innovative and implementable environmental graphics and signage solutions. This individual will be involved in the strategy, design and development of a variety of project types, from retail communication programs to branded environments, with the goal to create positive and connective experience with places.
The ideal candidate has 5+ years of environmental graphic design experience, with a professional background delivering and presenting graphics, signage and wayfinding, brand-related strategy, and user-focused experiences and has obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Interior Design and/or similar. Flexible schedule with ability to travel is a requirement of this position.
- Ensures design and creative quality of all design projects by maintaining day-to-day knowledge and familiarity with creative aspects of all projects; enlists the participation and advocacy of leaders as appropriate
- Leads the design process for developing graphic and interior design concepts that complement the built environment as well as function effectively within that environment
- Represents the company at initial kick-off meetings with prospective and existing clients and other meetings as appropriate to ensure client satisfaction; makes client presentations as appropriate.
- Works to maintain documentation and detailing standards for all projects and has working knowledge of typical manufacturing materials and processes
- Reviews and approves, in concert with leaders, all design materials prior to their presentation or release to the client
- Develop details and material palettes that are consistent with the design direction, integrate the environmental graphics and support of the overall quality of the project
- Review schematic design, design intent documents, shop drawings and material samples for conformance with studio standards.
- Monitors work flow and skill sets of the studio and makes recommendations to leaders on required or necessary adjustments
- Works to obtain profitability margins
- Cross-trains members of the design staff
- Work closely with the design team and project managers in the development of project delivery strategies, scheduling, budgets, etc.
- Strong knowledge of design systems and templates, grid structures, layout principals and color theory
- Possess a working knowledge of architectural plans
- Creative thinking & problem solving
- Ability to inspire and lead a team by example
- Ability to manage time & multiple projects and deliverables
- Excellent organizational skills, file management and attention to detail
- Demonstrated abilities in concept visualization
- Visual and verbal communication
- Strong understanding of design and scale within the built environment
- Strong design, organizational, leadership, project management, team-building, and communication skills
- Flexible schedule with ability to travel is a requirement of this position.
Educational and/or Experience Prerequisites:
- Bachelor’s Degree Education in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Interior Design, Architecture or other related field
- 5+ years professional experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite; InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- A post-graduate portfolio that demonstrates experience with various aspects of Environmental Graphic Design work within an established design/branding or in-house studio (including but not limited to wayfinding strategy, conceptual design, design intent drawings, etc.)
- Experience with Interior Design, color coordination and graphics/signage
- Proficiency in 3D StudioMax, Sketch-up, hand sketching
- Experience with Illustrator CADtools
Portsmouth, NH (Boston area)
- Adrenaline’s operational headquarters are in Portsmouth, NH with principal offices in Chesterfield, MO, Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA; and Ontario, Canada.
Why Our People Love Working at Adrenaline:
- We provide a comprehensive total compensation package with benefits.
- Adrenaline values having fun while doing what you love - that’s evidenced by the fact that we have over 50 employees that have been with the company for over 10 years.
- We understand the importance of an employee’s first week, first month, and first year. Because of this, we’ve created multiple new-hire experiences, including a special learning program, to help our new hires feel equipped to succeed. Our new team members get the chance to hear the NewGround story from members of the leadership team both, virtually and in person.
- We celebrate many employee milestones, including a ceremony celebrating the day you started with the company and an annual service awards banquet where we provide the opportunity to learn about our fellow team members.
- We recognize how important career development is to our employees and offer opportunities for growth and advancement.
- Adrenaline recognizes that it’s key to strike a balance between work life and home life and places an emphasis on supporting our employees’ balanced lifestyle.
- We pride ourselves in our commitment to community. Our offices in St. Louis, Atlanta, and Portsmouth continuously find new ways to get involved whether it be through hosting blood drives, building homes with Habitat for Humanity, friendly fundraising competitions across all offices, or through our annual United Way campaign.
Adrenaline’s reputation for integrity, creativity, quality, and results is the basis of our renowned status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team.
Qualified candidates should email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or simply apply online at http://careers.newground.com/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=9194945&portalID=3575.
No phone calls please. We do not utilize the services of search firms.
Adrenaline is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit us at www.adrenalineshot.com.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. This document does not create an employment contract. Employees are employed on an “at will” basis and may be terminated at any time for any reason or no reason at all.