On-Site Construction Project Engineer
NewGround is an experiential design-build firm that specializes in creating custom financial, healthcare and corporate facilities. Using our in-depth strategic process, we work to align a client’s new building with their brand and their culture. We believe that structure without strategic purpose is just windows and walls, and that a beautiful building is measured by how beautifully it functions.
We look in, then build up.
SUPERVISOR TITLE: Senior Project Manager, Build
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- SL Dynamics and Procore is not required, but is preferred
- Commercial construction industry knowledge
- Thrive within a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively and timely
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Assist with the bid operations through Procore
- Assist Senior Project Manager with document management through Procore
- Coordinate and prepare project start-up package with Senior Project Manager
- Drawings – Maintain current drawings/specs in Procore and distribute to project participants as necessary
- Subcontract/Subcontract Change Orders & Purchase Orders – Process and enter into SL
- Process Client Change Orders and enter into SL
- Process Subcontractor Requests for Payment and Vendor invoices, and enter into SL
- Maintain Certificates of Insurance from Subcontractors
- Buyout Log – Maintain and track the project Buyout Log
- Submittals – Create and maintain Project Submittal Log in Procore; advance and distribute submittals as necessary
- RFIs – Assist with processing and tracking RFIs utilizing Procore
- ASIs – Advance to all subcontractors and track ASIs via Procore
- Meetings – Assist in preparing agendas, attend as necessary and prepare meeting minutes
- Testing/Inspections – Track and forward testing & inspections as necessary utilizing Procore
- Project Close-Out – Request as-built plans, warranties and manuals and prepare for Client turnover
- Support Build team as needed to ensure project success.
- Provide requested reports and updates as requested
- Assist SPM/CM with FirstView, FullView and project close out
- Perform all other related work, as assigned or as apparent[i]
- Maintain positive can-do attitude
- Assist the team in delivering a successful project to our Clients exceeding Client expectations
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Reliable, responsible and cooperative
- A desire to expand your knowledge of construction principles and practices
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE PREREQUISITES:
- Some college Is preferred
- 5-7 years of experience within the commercial construction industry (Project Admin., Buyer, Project Engineer, Construction Admin., or Project Coordinator)
NewGround’s operational headquarters are in Chesterfield, MO, with principal offices in Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA; Portsmouth, NH and Ontario, Canada.
About NewGround Video
WHY OUR PEOPLE LOVE WORKING AT NEWGROUND:
- We provide a comprehensive total compensation package with benefits.
- NewGround values having fun while doing what you love—that’s evidenced by the fact that we have over 50 employees that have been with the company for over 10 years.
- We understand the importance of an employee’s first week, first month, and first year. Because of this, we’ve created multiple new-hire experiences, including a special learning program, to help our new hires feel equipped to succeed. Our new team members get the chance to hear the NewGround story from members of the leadership team both, virtually and in person.
- We celebrate many employee milestones, including a ceremony celebrating the day you started with the company and an annual service awards banquet where we provide the opportunity to learn about our fellow team members.
- We recognize how important career development is to our employees and offer opportunities for growth and advancement.
- NewGround recognizes that it’s key to strike a balance between work life and home life and places an emphasis on supporting our employees’ balanced lifestyle.
- We pride ourselves in our commitment to community. Our offices in St. Louis, Atlanta, and Portsmouth continuously find new ways to get involved whether it be through hosting blood drives, building homes with Habitat for Humanity, friendly fundraising competitions across all offices, or through our annual United Way campaign.
NewGround’s reputation for integrity, creativity, quality, and results is the basis of our renowned status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team.
** Please DO NOT APPLY if you do not live in proximity to the job and possess the required construction experience. **
Qualified candidates should email resume to email@example.com or simply apply online at http://careers.newground.com/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=9095142.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE DO NOT UTILIZE STAFFING SERVICES.
NewGround is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit us at www.NewGround.com
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. This document does not create an employment contract. Employees are employed on an “at will” basis and may be terminated at any time for any reason or no reason at all.