Vice President Business Development
NewGround is a leading global company that imagines, designs, and implements retail and corporate environments that drive competitive advantage. For 106 years, NewGround has excelled in Design/Build. We are a cutting edge, international award-winning design firm.
The Vice President Business Development (VPBD) has the primary responsibility to develop new business for NewGround’s product and service offering in the assigned territory for community banks and credit unions. The ideal candidate must have exceptional presentation and communications skills, both verbal and written, and must be able to build strong client and strategic partner relationships. The VPBD must also be able to demonstrate their ability to balance the demands of both their professional and personal lives.
Please do not apply if you do not possess the following.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in providing strategic solutions with a proven track record of success in Business Development in Design/Build, Architecture, Construction, or selling solutions into the banks and credit unions
Colorado Springs, CO
(other central US and mountain states locations are possible if in proximity to an airport)
- Skilled in prospecting, new account development and cold calling
- Self-disciplined and professional; driven to work hard with limited supervision
- Skilled in the use of social media, primarily LinkedIn for business development
- Solid analytical, time management, problem solving, prioritization and planning skills
- Strong leadership skills with a collaborative team approach
- Able to think on your feet
- Drive new business for NewGround’s products and service offering, primarily design & construction management, as well as branding, strategy, retail communications and digital media
- Meet annual personal sales goals as established by management
- Develop a written territory management plan outlining the strategy to manage the territory assigned and meet established goals
- Maintain CRM database including updating call activity, forecasts and opportunities
- Facilitate communications between clients and the NewGround development team
- Prepare and deliver proposals and project development agreements
- Produce minutes of meeting for all client related meetings for which you are in attendance
- Manage client relationships throughout the project development process
- Bi-weekly updates of all projects that are in the project development process
- Represent NewGround at selected national and state conventions
- Update monthly sales forecasts and focus account reports
- Maintain contact with former clients within the territory on a semi-annual basis
- Travel 2-3 nights per week as necessary to manage assigned territory
- Ability to communicate strategic and conceptual solutions with prospects and clients
- Board and C-level presentation experience
- Dynamic interpersonal communications skills
- Must be proficient in written and verbal communications internally and externally
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be goal oriented
Education and/or Experience Prerequisites:
- Please do not apply if you do not possess the following experience. Minimum of 5 years’ experience in providing strategic solutions with a proven track record of success in Business Development in Design/Build, Architecture, Construction, or selling solutions into the banks and credit unions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Marketing, or related field.
- Proficient in MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Dallas, TX (other central US and mountain states locations are possible if in proximity to an airport)
Chicago | Saint Louis | Honolulu | Toronto
Why Our People Love Working at NewGround:
- On-boarding is important to us. We understand the importance of an employee’s first week, first month, and first year. So, we’ve created multiple new-hire experiences including a special virtual learning program called “NGI Live” to help new team members learn about the company, our brand, our processes and much more. New hires get the chance to hear the NewGround Story from members of the leadership team and department heads. The program wraps up with a live Q&A session and “graduation” ceremony.
- Tenure is important to us, too. We honor your start-date with a unique coin that’s added to our employee coin wall. This feature-piece in our St. Louis office showcases each employee’s name and start date and are arranged in order of tenure.
- Major anniversary milestones are celebrated at our annual service awards banquet where we learn about and laugh with our fellow team members.
- We like to say, “We Build Communities,” which, to us goes well beyond buildings. It means we love to give back to our surrounding communities through volunteerism and our annual United Way fundraising campaign.
NewGround’s reputation for integrity, creativity, quality, and results is the basis of our renowned status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team.
Qualified candidates should send resume and cover letter to email@example.com or apply online at http://careers.newground.com.
No phone calls please. We do not utilize the services of search firms.
NewGround is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit us at www.newground.com.