Help Desk Level II (Security)
NewGround is an experiential design-build firm that specializes in creating custom financial, healthcare and corporate facilities. Using our in-depth strategic process, we work to align a client’s new building with their brand and their culture. We believe that structure without strategic purpose is just windows and walls, and that a beautiful building is measured by how beautifully it functions.
We look in, then build up.
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
SUPERVISOR TITLE: Vice President, Information Technology
Administration and management of Information Systems in a Windows environment. Installing, configure supporting and maintaining Server, Desktop and laptop hardware and software. Support VoIP systems. Monitor systems to ensure network availability and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability. Lead company thought IT Audits. To perform his or her job well, a system administrator must demonstrate a blend of technical skills and responsibility.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects with minimal supervision and tight deadlines
- Possess analytical / technical skills, strong, deductive reasoning
- Ground up build and repair of Windows OS, and Mac OS
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, good problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems (including, 7, 8.1, 10, Server 2008, Server 2010), Microsoft Office applications, VMware ESXi, Active Directory, Cisco CLI and Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance, DNS, DHCP
- Ability to execute the above tasks with limited supervision
- Installation and configuration of Workstations (Windows and Mac)
- End user support (direct and remote access)
- Troubleshoot and repair of hardware and software issues with Windows OS, and Mac OS
- Troubleshoot networking issues
- Management of Active Directory Users and Computers
- Management of DHCP and DNS in a Windows Server environment
- MimeCast Mail and Umbrella Web security
- Management of File and Print shares and Security in a Windows Server environment
- Management of users and devices in Cisco Unified CallManager and Cisco Unity Connections
- Management of smart devices (Android and Apple iOS)
- Lead company through IT Audits (SOC 2)
- Perform all other related work, as assigned or as apparent[i]
- +/- 7 days Travel a Year
- Off hours availability
- The ability to manage multiple initiatives concurrently
Education and Experience Prerequisites
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar is required
- 5+ years Help Desk experience including 4+ years of experience working in a Windows Server environment required
About NewGround Video www.newground.com/about
Why Our People Love Working at NewGround:
- NewGround values having fun while doing what you love. That is evidenced by the fact that almost 30 of our 135 employees have been with NewGround for 10 - 38 years.
- We understand the importance of an employee’s first week, first month, and first year. Because of this, we’ve created multiple new-hire experiences, including a special learning program, to help our new hires feel equipped to succeed. Our new team members get the chance to hear the NewGround story from members of the leadership team both, virtually and in person.
- We celebrate many employee milestones, including a ceremony celebrating the day you started with the company and an annual service awards banquet where we provide the opportunity to learn about our fellow team members.
- We recognize how important career development is to our employees and offer opportunities for growth and advancement.
- NewGround recognizes that it’s key to strike a balance between work life and home life and places an emphasis on supporting our employees’ balanced lifestyle.
- We pride ourselves in our commitment to community. Our offices in Chesterfield, Chicago, and Toronto continuously find new ways to get involved whether it be through hosting blood drives, building homes with Habitat for Humanity, building in the Dominican Republic, friendly fundraising competitions across all offices, or through our annual United Way campaign.
NewGround’s reputation for integrity, creativity, quality, and results is the basis of our renowned status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team.
Qualified candidates should email resume to email@example.com or simply apply online at http://careers.newground.com.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE DO NOT UTILIZE STAFFING SERVICES.
NewGround is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit us at www.newground.com.
Link to great reviews of NewGround on Glassdoor.
Chicago | Saint Louis | Honolulu | Toronto