Mechanical Engineering Systems Designer
NewGround is an experiential design-build firm that specializes in creating custom financial, healthcare and corporate facilities. Using our in-depth strategic process, we work to align a client’s new building with their brand and their culture. We believe that structure without strategic purpose is just windows and walls, and that a beautiful building is measured by how beautifully it functions.
We look in, then build up.
Supervisor Title: Chief Mechanical Engineer
This position offers the opportunity to design commercial HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems for our client’s buildings. These projects range in size and scope from 2,000 to 200,000 sq. ft. Creativity, teamwork, and the ability to meet project budgets and schedules are the keys to success for this position.
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Revit experience beneficial
- Trane Trace experience beneficial
- Determine mechanical system type to be used and provide input as needed during architectural schematic and design development phases
- Perform HVAC load calculations and select and specify equipment
- Perform plumbing calculations and specify equipment
- Design ductwork and piping systems in accordance with accepted industry standards
- Prepare working drawings and specifications for HVAC and plumbing disciplines in compliance with code requirements
- Prepare fire sprinkler design/build guideline drawings and specifications as needed
- Coordinate work with architecture and other engineering disciplines throughout all phases of design
- Solve problems using experience, judgement, and education; expected to ask for assistance as needed
- Check submittals and shop drawings for compliance with drawings and specifications
- Respond to RFIs; prepare ASIs and addenda in a timely manner
- Perform site visits when required to determine existing conditions, verify contractor’s work and perform punchlists
- Maintain project electronic and hard file records
- Perform all other related work, as assigned or as apparent[i]
- Willingness to attend in-house seminars and continuing education opportunities both inside and outside the office
- 5-10% travel required
- Coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
Education and Experience Prerequisites:
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in commercial HVAC design required
- Experience in plumbing and fire protection design preferred
- Engineer Intern or Engineer in Training Certificate preferred, or the ability to obtain certificate within one year of employment
St. Louis, MO (Chesterfield)
About NewGround Video www.newground.com/about
Why Our People Love Working at NewGround:
- NewGround values having fun while doing what you love. That is evidenced by the fact that almost 30 of our 135 employees have been with NewGround for 10 - 38 years.
- We understand the importance of an employee’s first week, first month, and first year. Because of this, we’ve created multiple new-hire experiences, including a special learning program, to help our new hires feel equipped to succeed. Our new team members get the chance to hear the NewGround story from members of the leadership team both, virtually and in person.
- We celebrate many employee milestones, including a ceremony celebrating the day you started with the company and an annual service awards banquet where we provide the opportunity to learn about our fellow team members.
- We recognize how important career development is to our employees and offer opportunities for growth and advancement.
- NewGround recognizes that it’s key to strike a balance between work life and home life and places an emphasis on supporting our employees’ balanced lifestyle.
- We pride ourselves in our commitment to community. Our offices in Chesterfield, Chicago, and Toronto continuously find new ways to get involved whether it be through hosting blood drives, building homes with Habitat for Humanity, building in the Dominican Republic, friendly fundraising competitions across all offices, or through our annual United Way campaign.
NewGround’s reputation for integrity, creativity, quality, and results is the basis of our renowned status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team.
Qualified candidates should email resume to email@example.com or simply apply online at http://careers.newground.com.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE DO NOT UTILIZE STAFFING SERVICES.
NewGround is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit us at www.newground.com.
Link to great reviews of NewGround on Glassdoor.
Chicago | Saint Louis | Honolulu | Toronto