NewGround is an experiential design-build firm that specializes in creating custom financial, healthcare and corporate facilities. Using our in-depth strategic process, we work to align a client’s new building with their brand and their culture. We believe that structure without strategic purpose is just windows and walls, and that a beautiful building is measured by how beautifully it functions.
We look in, then build up.
This position’s purpose is the application of engineering fundamentals to design the building’s electrical systems, including but not limited to lighting, power, and special systems. The position will assist with design of assigned projects and prepare electrical construction documents under the supervision of a licensed professional electrical engineer.
- Basic understanding and experience in Microsoft Office toolset (Word and Excel)
- Proficient in CAD (REVIT and/or REVIT MEP exposure a plus). Position will eventually aid in the development of REVIT system electrical design standards, tool-sets and families, due to launch in late 2019 or 2020.
- Proficient and/or previous familiarity with Acuity - Visual 2012/2016 lighting calculations software (or some equal lighting photometric modeling software such as AGI32)
- Exposure to the use of SKM PowerTools electrical engineering analysis software (DAPPER, CAPTOR, Equip Evaluation, and/or Arc Flash Evaluation modules) in regard to one-line building/ data entry and/or system fault analysis a plus for this position as NewGround is interested in looking at this toolset for budget inclusion, next fiscal year
- Must possess a willingness to attend in-house seminars and continuing education opportunities outside of office
- Prepare working construction document drawings, material listings and specifications
- Review code requirements (i.e. compliance with NEC and energy codes)
- Perform routine design tasks and work on varying portions of projects including: Aid in selection and specification of luminaires and exterior and interior photometric calculations and energy code compliance calculations and check-lists (i.e. DOE ComCheck or California Title 24 Non-Residential Building Energy Code compliance)
- Provide support for branch circuiting and overcurrent protective device (OCPD) and cable selection and sizing per the National Electrical Code and in-house minimum design standards
- Provide support for researching local jurisdictional requirements and Utility service configuration compliance requirements on a per project basis
- Work closely with the Project Architect and Estimating Department to hold design within established budget
- Coordinate project design with Architectural, Interior Design and other Engineering disciplines
- Check shop drawings and prepare ASIs and Addenda as well as respond to RFIs
- Maintain project file
- Attend field visits, as required (i.e. pre-site survey for remodels and/or project final punch)
- Input of data into pre-written computer programs (i.e. Microsoft Excel calculation tools)
- Perform all other related work, as assigned or as apparent[i]
- Stay current on emerging technologies & solutions
- Complete job assignments on time and efficiently
- Balance numerous projects simultaneously
- Be diligent, with a driven work ethic but balanced with daily personal life goals and events
Education and Experience Prerequisites:
- A technical or Associate Degree in Electrical Design from an accredited technical institution or college is required as a minimum
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering seeking to attain Professional Engineering licensure a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience in facilities & building electrical design required
St. Louis, MO (Chesterfield)
About NewGround Video www.newground.com/about
Why Our People Love Working at NewGround:
- NewGround values having fun while doing what you love. That is evidenced by the fact that almost 30 of our 135 employees have been with NewGround for 10 - 38 years.
- We understand the importance of an employee’s first week, first month, and first year. Because of this, we’ve created multiple new-hire experiences, including a special learning program, to help our new hires feel equipped to succeed. Our new team members get the chance to hear the NewGround story from members of the leadership team both, virtually and in person.
- We celebrate many employee milestones, including a ceremony celebrating the day you started with the company and an annual service awards banquet where we provide the opportunity to learn about our fellow team members.
- We recognize how important career development is to our employees and offer opportunities for growth and advancement.
- NewGround recognizes that it’s key to strike a balance between work life and home life and places an emphasis on supporting our employees’ balanced lifestyle.
- We pride ourselves in our commitment to community. Our offices in Chesterfield, Chicago, and Toronto continuously find new ways to get involved whether it be through hosting blood drives, building homes with Habitat for Humanity, building in the Dominican Republic, friendly fundraising competitions across all offices, or through our annual United Way campaign.
NewGround’s reputation for integrity, creativity, quality, and results is the basis of our renowned status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team.
Qualified candidates should email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or simply apply online at http://careers.newground.com.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE DO NOT UTILIZE STAFFING SERVICES.
NewGround is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit us at www.newground.com.
Chicago | Saint Louis | Honolulu | Toronto