NewGround is an experiential design-build firm that specializes in creating custom financial, healthcare and corporate facilities. Using our in-depth strategic process, we work to align a client’s new building with their brand and their culture. We believe that structure without strategic purpose is just windows and walls, and that a beautiful building is measured by how beautifully it functions.
We look in, then build up.
We seek an experienced, self-motivated Staff Accountant to join our Chicago based Accounting department. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for a variety of accounting functions, including but not limited to: (i) accounts payable, (ii) invoicing support for Canadian operations, (iii) payroll, (iv) cash application and (v) sales/use tax reporting.
- Must have good communications skills and be self-driven
- Must be an advanced user of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- This position addresses a multitude of accounting activities including daily cash application, accounts payable, payroll, sales tax and general ledger
- The Staff Accountant will have contact with senior-level managers and staff at all sites which requires strong self-directed written and verbal communication skills
- Daily application of cash receipts per Wintrust bank statement for all companies and help preparing daily cash report
- Processing expense reports through Certify and Microsoft SL
- Entering invoices into Microsoft SL for Accounts Payable vouchering for all companies
- Processing and back up for processing of AP Checks for all locations except Construction Disbursements
- Processing Canada invoices for the various business lines
- Handling Sales/Use Tax reporting and payments for all states
- Input and submit biweekly payroll through Paylocity
- Prepare all 1099 reporting at year end
- Handles all Office Manager responsibilities
- Perform all other related work, as assigned or as apparent
- Professional & positive behavior
Education and Experience Prerequisites:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business preferred
- 2-5 years’ experience as an Accounting Clerk or Staff Accountant required
- Payroll experience is preferred
- Construction industry experience is highly desirable
- Experience with a large ERP automated accounting system is a plus
- Multiple company payments with intercompany experience is a plus
About NewGround Video www.newground.com/about
Why Our People Love Working at NewGround:
- NewGround values having fun while doing what you love. That is evidenced by the fact that almost 30 of our 135 employees have been with NewGround for 10 - 38 years.
- We understand the importance of an employee’s first week, first month, and first year. Because of this, we’ve created multiple new-hire experiences, including a special learning program, to help our new hires feel equipped to succeed. Our new team members get the chance to hear the NewGround story from members of the leadership team both, virtually and in person.
- We celebrate many employee milestones, including a ceremony celebrating the day you started with the company and an annual service awards banquet where we provide the opportunity to learn about our fellow team members.
- We recognize how important career development is to our employees and offer opportunities for growth and advancement.
- NewGround recognizes that it’s key to strike a balance between work life and home life and places an emphasis on supporting our employees’ balanced lifestyle.
- We pride ourselves in our commitment to community. Our offices in Chesterfield, Chicago, and Toronto continuously find new ways to get involved whether it be through hosting blood drives, building homes with Habitat for Humanity, building in the Dominican Republic, friendly fundraising competitions across all offices, or through our annual United Way campaign.
NewGround’s reputation for integrity, creativity, quality, and results is the basis of our renowned status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team.
Qualified candidates should email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or simply apply online at http://careers.newground.com.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE DO NOT UTILIZE STAFFING SERVICES.
NewGround is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit us at www.newground.com.
Chicago | Saint Louis | Honolulu | Toronto