NewGround is an experiential design-build firm that specializes in creating custom financial, healthcare and corporate facilities. Using our in-depth strategic process, we work to align a client’s new building with their brand and their culture. We believe that structure without strategic purpose is just windows and walls, and that a beautiful building is measured by how beautifully it functions.
We look in, then build up.
A Preconstruction Manager working with the Director of Preconstruction, Procurement Administration, Estimating, Design, Scheduling, and Construction/Project Management, would do the following:
- Provide a basic bid packaging Work Breakdown for use in organizing estimates.
- Participate, with Scheduling, CM, and Design, in developing the construction phasing plan.
- Identify long lead delivery items.
- During development of Construction Documents, review progress prints (at ~ 95% CD’s) for biddability and constructability.
- Identify interfaces between Client-provided items and NGI’s scope.
- Develop and maintain a nationwide database of subcontractors & suppliers.
- New prospective bidders as well as those from past projects.
- Develop Standard Bid Documents.
- General & Special Conditions
- Scopes of Work
- Instructions to Bidders
- Scope to include
- Scope furnished by others
- Scope provided by NGI
- State and local tax requirements
- Bid Forms
- Standardized cost and quantity breakdowns.
- Bid Tabulation & Evaluation sheets.
- Standardized Subcontract Agreements and Purchase Orders
- Research each local bidding community.
- Prospective subcontractors/suppliers.
- Client preferred bidders
- Prequalification of bidders
- Local practices for self-performed scopes of work.
- Develop Bid Tabulation/Evaluation Scopes of Work for each bid package.
- Work with Estimating to enter Estimated Costs into each Bid Evaluation sheet, and into the Supplement Bid Tab.
- Issue Standard Bid Documents, with drawings & specifications, for each project.
- Conduct pre-bid meetings as required, in collaboration with CM/PM.
- Advertise as determined by the project team.
- Serve as NGI’s primary contact for coordinating scopes of work and answering questions during the bid period.
- Conduct on-going contact with invited bidders to ensure adequate coverage.
- Enter all bids into the Bid Tabs, evaluate bids for completeness and pricing, and tabulate totals for use in pricing the Supplement.
- Work with Director of Preconstruction and CM/PM to prepare the Supplement for presentation.
- Execute Subcontract Agreements and Purchase Orders.
- Detailed Scope of Work
- Schedule of Values
- Schedule and construction phasing requirements
- Review bid results with Estimating to inform and update our estimating database.
- Strong ability to read and understand plans and specifications, comprehensive knowledge of commercial construction means, methods and best practices and related systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills including Excel, Word and Microsoft Project.
- Proficiency in ProCore preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of construction methods and design/build process
- Able to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Maintain positive can-do attitude
- Willing to accept all assigned work
- Communicate effectively with project team
Education and Experience Prerequisites:
- 3-5 years of professional experience in hard bid estimating in commercial construction is required
- General contractor experience is required
- Proficiency in MS Project is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Architecture is preferred
- Proficiency in ProCore is preferred
St. Louis, MO (Chesterfield)
NewGround’s operational headquarters is in Saint Louis, MO with principal offices in Chicago, IL, Atlanta, GA, Portsmouth, NH, Honolulu, HI and Ontario, Canada.
About NewGround Video www.newground.com/about
Why Our People Love Working at NewGround:
- We provide a comprehensive total compensation package with benefits.
- NewGround values having fun while doing what you love—that’s evidenced by the fact that we have over 50 employees that have been with the company for over 10 years.
- We understand the importance of an employee’s first week, first month, and first year. Because of this, we’ve created multiple new-hire experiences, including a special learning program, to help our new hires feel equipped to succeed. Our new team members get the chance to hear the NewGround story from members of the leadership team both, virtually and in person.
- We celebrate many employee milestones, including a ceremony celebrating the day you started with the company and an annual service awards banquet where we provide the opportunity to learn about our fellow team members.
- We recognize how important career development is to our employees and offer opportunities for growth and advancement.
- NewGround recognizes that it’s key to strike a balance between work life and home life and places an emphasis on supporting our employees’ balanced lifestyle.
- We pride ourselves in our commitment to community. Our offices in St. Louis, Atlanta, and Portsmouth continuously find new ways to get involved whether it be through hosting blood drives, building homes with Habitat for Humanity, friendly fundraising competitions across all offices, or through our annual United Way campaign.
NewGround’s reputation for integrity, creativity, quality, and results is the basis of our renowned status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team.
Qualified candidates should email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or simply apply online at http://careers.newground.com.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE DO NOT UTILIZE STAFFING SERVICES.
NewGround is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit us at www.newground.com.