NewGround is an experiential design-build firm that specializes in creating custom financial, healthcare and corporate facilities. Using our in-depth strategic process, we work to align a client’s new building with their brand and their culture. We believe that structure without strategic purpose is just windows and walls, and that a beautiful building is measured by how beautifully it functions.
We look in, then build up.
The Carpenter Foreman’s purpose is to plan, organize, supervise and perform journeyman-level rough and finish carpentry in the alteration and construction of buildings and specialty wood items. We seek a highly skilled carpenter and it would be a big plus if this person was able (or is interested in learning) to perform Assistant Project Engineer and/or Superintendent responsibilities. Beyond the current project, this person may be able to supervise remodel projects, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good leadership skills and supervisory practices
- Strong ability to read and understand plans and specifications
- Comprehensive knowledge of commercial construction means, methods and best practices and related systems
- Ability to schedule projects in “Critical Path” progression and budget time required to meet milestones and deadlines
- Proficient computer skills including Excel, Word and Micro Soft Project; Procore preferred
- Considerable knowledge of rough and finish carpentry
- Considerable knowledge of tools, equipment, materials and safety practices of carpentry work
- Knowledge of building techniques in new and remodel construction
- Experience in on-site commercial ground-up construction including high end and interior / exterior finishes
- Able to travel within California after the first year is complete on the current project
- Assist with job site security access & lock up
- Material management/distribution, safeguarding from damage or theft
- Assist with job wide quality control
- Continuously monitoring overall housekeeping conditions
- Assist with safety management & monitoring of sub-contractors’ compliance
- Assist in monitoring our Sewer Water Pollution Protection Plan (SWPPP)
- Assist in various critical layouts throughout project
- Doors & door hardware installation
- Blocking out for mill work and various accessories where required
- Installation of mill work
- Perform all other related work, as assigned or as apparent[i]
- Self-motivated and works well independently
- Willing to accept all assigned work
- Must be willing to work long hours
- Communicate on a professional level
- Maintain a positive can-do attitude, self-motivated
Education And/Or Experience Prerequisites:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Technical school or apprenticeship program a plus
- 5-7 years of experience as a carpenter with in the construction industry
NewGround’s operational headquarters are in Chesterfield, MO with principal offices in Chicago, IL, Atlanta, GA, Portsmouth, NH, Honolulu, HI and Ontario, Canada.
About NewGround Video www.newground.com/about
Why Our People Love Working at NewGround:
- We provide a comprehensive total compensation package with benefits.
- NewGround values having fun while doing what you love—that’s evidenced by the fact that we have over 50 employees that have been with the company for over 10 years.
- We understand the importance of an employee’s first week, first month, and first year. Because of this, we’ve created multiple new-hire experiences, including a special learning program, to help our new hires feel equipped to succeed. Our new team members get the chance to hear the NewGround story from members of the leadership team both, virtually and in person.
- We celebrate many employee milestones, including a ceremony celebrating the day you started with the company and an annual service awards banquet where we provide the opportunity to learn about our fellow team members.
- We recognize how important career development is to our employees and offer opportunities for growth and advancement.
- NewGround recognizes that it’s key to strike a balance between work life and home life and places an emphasis on supporting our employees’ balanced lifestyle.
- We pride ourselves in our commitment to community. Our offices in St. Louis, Atlanta, and Portsmouth continuously find new ways to get involved whether it be through hosting blood drives, building homes with Habitat for Humanity, friendly fundraising competitions across all offices, or through our annual United Way campaign.
NewGround’s reputation for integrity, creativity, quality, and results is the basis of our renowned status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team.
Qualified candidates should email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or simply apply online at http://careers.newground.com.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE DO NOT UTILIZE STAFFING SERVICES.
NewGround is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit us at www.newground.com.