NewGround is an experiential design-build firm that specializes in creating custom financial, healthcare and corporate facilities. Using our in-depth strategic process, we work to align a client’s new building with their brand and their culture. We believe that structure without strategic purpose is just windows and walls, and that a beautiful building is measured by how beautifully it functions.
We look in, then build up.
The Helpdesk role is to provide a level one contact for end-users to receive support and maintenance. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, rebuilding, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The individual will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
- 2 years’ experience in working in a helpdesk position
- Possess critical thinking, analytical / technical skills, strong deductive reasoning, and attention to detail
- Proficient knowledge of Windows OS, MS applications, macOS and iOS
- Strong technical knowledge of PC internal components, with hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience
- Have rebuilt several machines on their own.
- End users support and troubleshooting
- Configuring Laptops and Desktops
- Installing OS and loading drivers
- Installing applications needed for
- Transferring users’ information to new hardware
- Setting up email, signature, and moving Archive
- Moving my documents, favorites, desktop, shortcuts
- Updating software
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical end-users
- Follow NewGround system configuration guidelines
- Apply system configuration experience to troubleshooting issues
Education And/Or Experience Prerequisites:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a Helpdesk position required
- Associates degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Management Information Systems with a focus on infrastructure required
- A+ Certification preferred
- MCP preferred
St. Louis, MO (Chesterfield)
NewGround’s operational headquarters are in Chesterfield, MO with principal offices in Chicago, IL, Atlanta, GA, Portsmouth, NH, Honolulu, HI and Ontario, Canada.
About NewGround Video www.newground.com/about
Why Our People Love Working at NewGround:
- We provide a comprehensive total compensation package with benefits.
- NewGround values having fun while doing what you love—that’s evidenced by the fact that we have over 50 employees that have been with the company for over 10 years.
- We understand the importance of an employee’s first week, first month, and first year. Because of this, we’ve created multiple new-hire experiences, including a special learning program, to help our new hires feel equipped to succeed. Our new team members get the chance to hear the NewGround story from members of the leadership team both, virtually and in person.
- We celebrate many employee milestones, including a ceremony celebrating the day you started with the company and an annual service awards banquet where we provide the opportunity to learn about our fellow team members.
- We recognize how important career development is to our employees and offer opportunities for growth and advancement.
- NewGround recognizes that it’s key to strike a balance between work life and home life and places an emphasis on supporting our employees’ balanced lifestyle.
- We pride ourselves in our commitment to community. Our offices in St. Louis, Atlanta, and Portsmouth continuously find new ways to get involved whether it be through hosting blood drives, building homes with Habitat for Humanity, friendly fundraising competitions across all offices, or through our annual United Way campaign.
NewGround’s reputation for integrity, creativity, quality, and results is the basis of our renowned status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team.
Qualified candidates should email resume to email@example.com or simply apply online at http://careers.newground.com.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE DO NOT UTILIZE STAFFING SERVICES.
NewGround is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit us at www.newground.com.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. This document does not create an employment contract. Employees are employed on an “at will” basis and may be terminated at any time for any reason or no reason at all.