Senior Interior Designer
NewGround is an experiential design-build firm that specializes in creating custom financial, healthcare and corporate facilities. Using our in-depth strategic process, we work to align a client’s new building with their brand and their culture. We believe that structure without strategic purpose is just windows and walls, and that a beautiful building is measured by how beautifully it functions.
We look in, then build up.
The Senior Interior Designer will maintain highest level of design principles and documents for all projects to ensure health, safety & welfare of the public within a space.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proficient with AutoCAD and Revit and CAP Software, PhotoShop, Illustrator (Sketch Up, 3D Max)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of interior finishes, furniture, codes and construction processes
- Generate interior design concepts and design finalization
- Generate and manage development of construction documents
- Assist architects in providing information to estimating to establish project budget
- Interface with sales, architecture, engineering, multimedia and construction on projects
- Generate and present concepts, interior finish drawings, furniture drawings and presentation boards to clients
- Answer construction questions and RFIs and prepare and issue Addendums or ASIs as necessary
- Review project
- Attend project 40% walk through and final punch and prepare appropriate documentation
- Complete projects on schedule and within established budget
- Conduct programming interviews with the client
- Coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Respond to Project Managers and clients in a timely manner
- Conduct site surveys for existing locations
- Create furniture specifications and installation drawings
- Perform all other related work, as assigned or as apparent[i]
- Strive to raise level of creativity
- Travel on a regular basis – approximately 50-60%
Education And/Or Experience Prerequisites:
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture or related field required
- 10-15 years of professional experience in commercial Interior Design required
- LEED accreditation is preferred
- NCIDQ Certification preferred
St. Louis, MO (Chesterfield)
NewGround’s operational headquarters are in Chesterfield, MO, with principal offices in Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA; Portsmouth, NH and Ontario, Canada.
About NewGround Video www.newground.com/about
Why Our People Love Working at NewGround:
- We provide a comprehensive total compensation package with benefits.
- NewGround values having fun while doing what you love—that’s evidenced by the fact that we have over 50 employees that have been with the company for over 10 years.
- We understand the importance of an employee’s first week, first month, and first year. Because of this, we’ve created multiple new-hire experiences, including a special learning program, to help our new hires feel equipped to succeed. Our new team members get the chance to hear the NewGround story from members of the leadership team both, virtually and in person.
- We celebrate many employee milestones, including a ceremony celebrating the day you started with the company and an annual service awards banquet where we provide the opportunity to learn about our fellow team members.
- We recognize how important career development is to our employees and offer opportunities for growth and advancement.
- NewGround recognizes that it’s key to strike a balance between work life and home life and places an emphasis on supporting our employees’ balanced lifestyle.
- We pride ourselves in our commitment to community. Our offices in St. Louis, Atlanta, and Portsmouth continuously find new ways to get involved whether it be through hosting blood drives, building homes with Habitat for Humanity, friendly fundraising competitions across all offices, or through our annual United Way campaign.
NewGround’s reputation for integrity, creativity, quality, and results is the basis of our renowned status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team.
Qualified candidates should email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or simply apply online at http://careers.newground.com.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE DO NOT UTILIZE STAFFING SERVICES.
NewGround is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit us at www.newground.com.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. This document does not create an employment contract. Employees are employed on an “at will” basis and may be terminated at any time for any reason or no reason at all.